Job: Director - Information Technology
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Humana
Role: Technology Director
Assignment: IT- CarePlus and CAC
Location: Tampa, Fla
Are you a fit?
Are you an analytical thinker and a proven leader? Would you enjoy using your technical knowledge to empower your organization to analyze and improve business processes and outcomes?
As a Technology Director you will: act as a liaison between business associates and the technical services organization, providing connections between business strategy, business designs and IT solutions. You will design, construct and maintain data warehouse databases, and you will organize and coordinate system, integration and plan load stress testing across all functional areas of Humana.
- Review and enhance current programs, strengthening practices and educating associates about the process
- Manage staff within a particular IT functional area to ensure the timely and effective delivery of accurate results
- Engage with leadership in all functional areas, driving integrated IT planning throughout the business
- Facilitate meetings and manage all forms of project testing plans cross-functionally
- Present professional communications to executive leadership in order to educate and influence opinions
- Builds Human Capital: You deliver current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to associates to support continuous learning and growth; while ensuring that diverse perspectives are widely held, modeled and promoted. By selecting, deploying, developing and rewarding diverse talent, you are able to foster Humana's strategy and meet business requirements.
- Acts Strategically: You foster a consistent understanding of strategy, translate it into defined plans, and stay the course to implement it, while anticipating and identifying where change is needed.
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Leadership: You inspire extraordinary results by: engaging associates, valuing diversity and shaping culture to support a high performance environment.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or a related field
- Extensive management experience in a large corporate technical environment, with oversight across diverse technical platforms including Web, Mainframe and Client Server
- Demonstrated experience in technical product selection, technical design and practical implementation of IT solutions
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Longevity working in data warehouse, decision support and reporting system environments
- Working knowledge of Oracle and IBM Relational Database Management Systems, executive information systems and statistical software packages
- Comprehensive knowledge of development languages, tools, and utilities, including Cobol, CICS, DB2, ASP, COM, .Net and SQL
- Six Sigma and/or Project Management Institute certification
- Experience in the health solutions industry
You will have 3-7 direct reports, and you will report to a Vice President. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.