ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Service Technician
at ABM Industries Inc
HVAC Service Technician
ABM Industries is seeking a HVAC Technician to join our team in Tampa, FL. As an ABM HVAC Tech you will troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install HVAC and related equipment per the Service Agreement. There will be times when you work alone as well as with a team. In this role you will work, both independently and with a team, to complete work orders for routine, moderately complex and complex electrical services, maintenance, repair, and installation of various HVAC systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a friendly and knowledgeable representative of ABM in all interactions with building guests, management, and ownership.
- Maintain and repair HVAC equipment and systems of all types, for both commercial and industrial customers.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Responsible to respond immediately to any and all service emergency needs of our customers.
- Work rotating shift as required, days, nights and weekends. Overtime is required as necessary.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Document all equipment installations: make, model, serial number, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Communicate to dispatch, parts procurement, supervisors and managers, as needed, to keep company and customers informed about work progressions.
- Submit detailed, complete and timely reporting.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to supervisor/manager potential opportunities for additional business.
- Ensure the performance of preventive maintenance on all building equipment is completed within the allotted schedule.
- Ensure efficient operation of all building systems.
- Coordinate maintenance with outside vendors and oversee vendor maintenance.
- Ensure strict adherence to critical facility work rule and safety procedures.
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3 plus years’ proven record in maintenance and troubleshooting and correcting diverse chiller service issues.
- HVAC License.
- CFC Certified Preferred
- Experience managing equipment vendors and maintenance contractors preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding Customer relations skills
- Proven ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge and experience using basic Computer skills
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Oriented
- Must have outstanding analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders for site access and occasionally tolerate exposure to heights during jobsite visits.