Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agent, Ground Ops
at Allegiant Air
The Ground Operations Agent is responsible for the handling of customer baggage, including loading and unloading on and off the aircraft, marshaling in and pushing back the aircraft, operation of ground service equipment (GSE), meet arriving flights, service departing flights, assist customers with special needs, assist customer service agents, as needed, and any other duties as assigned.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience:
Credit Check: No
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book Valid/Unexpired Driver's License
• Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must adhere to dress code policy.
• Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
• Able to attend required training.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• TRAINEE STATUS: Upon offer of employment, you will remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum.
• Load and unload baggage and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas.
• Operate ground service equipment.
• Marshal aircraft to and from gates.
• Provide proper handling of baggage requiring special care.
• Service aircraft lavatories.
• Responsible for aircraft security searches and commissary security searches as required.
• Ensure ramp areas are safe and free of Foreign Objects Debris (FOD) and that all ground service equipment is properly maintained.
• Follow safety regulations, which include the proper use of ground service equipment and wearing proper safety items.
• Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, push-back tractors, deicers, etc.
• Able to communicate using a two-way radio.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Perform aircraft interior cleaning as required.
• Stock aircraft and carts with necessary supplies as required, i.e. InFlight magazines and lavatory supplies.
• Inventory tracking as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Airport Agent - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and use hands and fingers to operate various types of tools and equipment (i.e. hand trucks, carts, ramps, tugs, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to heights, small spaces, extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to crawl in and out of small spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers