BAXTER & WOODMAN INC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Manufacturing Technician - Global Service Centers
at BAXTER & WOODMAN INC
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Assemble experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals and knowledge of electronics systems components and their functions.
- Devise test fixtures and equipment as required while continually improving product quality, cost and safety.
- Set and calibrate equipment to test circuitry.
- Conduct functional, operational, environmental and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of components, subassembly, and fluid assemblies.
- Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product test method.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry as well as trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Basic PC skills and working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processor applications.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.