Boar’s Head Brand®

Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.

Similar Jobs

Job Details

Senior Accountant (Delicatessen Services Co., LLC.)

at Boar’s Head Brand®

Posted: 3/14/2020
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11322

Job Description

Hiring Company: 

Delicatessen Services Co., LLC

Overview:

Responsible for accounting transactions, activities and reporting for the Boar's Head Brand.

Job Description:

I.Essential Duties and Responsibilities

1. Finished Goods Inventory

  • Coordinate monthly inventories at each distribution facility
  • Value inventory at month-end and record appropriate journal entries
  • Organize monthly physical inventories and prepare all necessary documentation for annual audit
  • Prepare and disseminate all reports relating to shrink and inventory adjustments

2. Responsible for all aspects of Haberdashery

  • Maintain Haberdashery items in Oracle to include standard costing for charge items
  • Coordinate annual inventory of Haberdashery inventory
  • Prepare monthly Haberdashery Income Statement
  • Assist with maintaining Haberdashery price list
  • Prepare and send Haberdashery valuation reports for Director of Inventory Planning
  • Haberdashery Threshold Reporting (if required)

3. Weekly / Monthly / Yearly Closing Tasks

  • Upload monthly standards
  • Annual standards review and analysis with Cost Accounting/Sr. VP of Sales and Operations
  • Finished goods inventory valuation at month-end
  • Assist and review weekly billings
  • Coordinate the monthly closing process for all inventory organizations
  • Analyze gross margins and send out gross margin charts to Sr. VP of Sales and Operations
  • Review journal entries
  • Assist with manual invoicing and credit memo processing
  • Review and approve all inventory balance sheet account reconciliations
  • Analyze revenues, donations and rebates to ensure they are recorded appropriately
  • Update pricing and analysis
  • Monitor daily inventory watchdog report

4. Review bank (cash) activity

5. Assist in monitoring of internal controls relating to Inventory

  • Shrink
  • Inventory Adjustments
  • Cycle Counting
  • Annual Physical Inventory

6. Assist with financial and tax audits

  • Cash / revenue cycle testing during annual audits
  • Complete IDR’s as assigned for IRS audits

7. Subject matter expert (SME) for both shipping and invoicing and Finished Goods inventory transactions

8. Maintain general ledger system (Oracle) for the following:

  • Open and close periods (limited)
  • Manage standards (monthly / yearly uploads

9. This position requires working in an office environment, 90% of the time.  The remaining 10% of the time may require travel to other facilities

10. Special projects upon request

II. Education and/or Experience

  • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
    • Minimum 5-7 years accounting/finance experience
    • Demonstrate high degree of PC literacy (in Windows environment) with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
    • Strong multi-tasker, excellent problem solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
    • Knowledge of GAAP
    • Must be able to meet deadlines
    • Must have strong skills in analysis of financial information
    • Works with general supervision

Location:

Sarasota, FL

Time Type:

Full time

Department:

Finance

Your future starts here.

Since 1905, Boar’s Head Brand has been the name you can trust for quality products and service. Our mission is to continue to be recognized as the leading provider of exceptional customer service and superior quality delicatessen products. We are committed to continuously improving our time honored traditional processes through the involvement of our dedicated employees.



Posted 30+ Days Ago

Full time

11322