Central Garden & Pet Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Salt Water Fish Care Receiver
at Central Garden & Pet Company
We are searching for a Full Time Saltwater Fish Care and Receiving Employee to work in our Pet Segment, providing production support to fulfill our sales orders at our Segrest Farms, Gibsonton, Florida location. This position involves receiving shipments (i.e. sorting fish, unloading boxes, opening bags, acclimating fish, correctly identifying and labeling marine organisms, throwing out trash, recording DOA), moving fish, feeding, cleaning skimmers and tanks, organizing and cleaning the buildings, and assisting coworkers as necessary. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Handle Fish properly; training is provided.
- Work assigned shift until all assignments are completed for that day.
- Clean work area as assigned.
- Lifting heavy boxes.
- Maintaining fish and invertebrate health.
- Identify tropical saltwater fish; training is provided.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
- Willing to accept all assigned tasks.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to walk and stand for long hours.
- Ability to step up on a ladder.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 65 lbs a few times a week.
- Ability to work in a wet environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.