Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paid on Call Firefighter
at Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
- General Description
- The purpose of the position is to contribute to the comprehensive Countywide Fire Rescue and Emergency Services program. This position performs technical work in the field of emergency response in the application of the prevention, control, and suppression of fire; emergency medical care; and in response to natural and human-made disasters. Must live within 20 miles of a Citrus County Fire Station to ensure adequate response time.
- Essential Functions
- Perform routine station tasks to maintain state of operational readiness, including daily inspecting/testing of equipment, supplies and materials; inspecting personal protection equipment
- Perform Fire Prevention activities including pre-incident planning, inspecting fire hydrants, etc.
- Emergency response operations responding to 9-1-1 calls, to include medical & fire emergencies, extricating persons from entrapments, stabilizing victims, administering BLS and CPR. This may also include non-emergency calls.
- Perform administrative tasks including documenting calls, data entry, documenting patient conditions, quality assurance and post incident analysis
- Perform related work as required
- Minimum Requirements
- Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduation from high school or trade school or possession of a GED. Minimum eighteen (18) years of age at time of appointment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Drivers License. Must have proof of Certification as a State of Florida Firefighter I and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in decision making and all phases of responsibilities.
Requires medium to heavy work that involves walking or standing virtually all of the time and involves exerting between 50 and 80 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, up to 150 pounds on occasion; standard keyboard operations. The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and texture perception. Must complete quarterly Firefighter physical abilities test.
- Supplemental Information
Basis of Rating: Basis of Rating: Some positions may require a written and/or skills test. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individuals qualifications. Selected persons will be interviewed to determine who will be hired for the job. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process.
Must successfully pass an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination check. Drug screens will be in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act and/or the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Citrus County, Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Citrus County, Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners in advance to allow sufficient time to provide an accommodation.
Pursuant to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes or the "Public Records Law," applications, resumes and personnel records are subject to public inspections.
Details regarding the "Public Records Law"/ "The Sunshine Law" / Florida Statutes and the statutory exemptions are available on websites such as the Florida Office of the Attorney General, Florida Senate and Florida Legislature. Additionally, Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners Public Information section is located on our website.