Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Park Attendant - Dock Worker/Boat Ramp- *Casual Labor*
at Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
- General Description
**This is a CASUAL LABOR position and duration is no longer than 6 MONTHS **
This position provides assistance and ensure public safety at the local boat ramps, docks, piers and walkways.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays. The number of hours per week will vary.
Starting Salary: $9.35 per hour
*Please note- Benefits and retirement are not included for Casual Labor positions.
- Essential Functions
- Provide excellent customer service with the ability to listen
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Follow all County instruction and training to maintain public safety
- Hours per week vary
- Perform related duties as required
- Minimum Requirements
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid weather conditions and have the ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day
• Requires walking or standing most of the workday
• Involves lifting up to 10 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 20 pounds
• Requires frequent bending, squatting, kneeling, simple grasping, pushing and pulling
• The job requires normal field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and be able to work in adverse weather
- Supplemental Information
Basis of Rating: Some positions may require a written and/or skills test. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individuals qualifications. Selected persons will be interviewed to determine who will be hired for the job. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process.
Must successfully pass an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination check. Drug screens will be in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act and/or the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Citrus County, Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Citrus County, Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the Citrus County, Florida Board of County Commissioners in advance to allow sufficient time to provide an accommodation.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code.
Pursuant to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes or the "Public Records Law," applications, resumes and personnel records are subject to public inspections.
Details regarding the "Public Records Law"/ "The Sunshine Law" / Florida Statutes and the statutory exemptions are available on websites such as the Florida Office of the Attorney General, Florida Senate and Florida Legislature. Additionally, Citrus County Board of County Commissioners Public Information section is located on our website.