Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Plant City, FL, USA
POSITION: TRAINING COORDINATOR
COMANCO has an excellent and challenging career opportunity for a Training Coordinator. We are looking for a self-driven and energetic professional; someone who wants to work for an established and successful nation-wide COnstruction MAnagement COmpany with great benefits, going above and beyond in their position to help COMANCO meet its business goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- enthusiastically take on the challenges of the Training Coordinator position
- enjoy working in high-energy and fast-paced business environment
- quickly learn COMANCO systems and processes and respect the established procedures
- build productive and long-lasting relationships with our employees and vendors
- have the desire to succeed and learn about our employees and environmental construction industry
To be successful in this position, you must gain a strong foundation to help you manage your diverse job roles and responsibilities; Develop a working knowledge of the basic skills used in instructional design and the integration of technology as a training device and management tool; Build your influencing skills to aid your interactions with peers, clients, and management.
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Training Coordinator is assigned with HR and Safety duties and responsibilities, which consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Training Coordinator responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Training Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting all training programs
- Develop, manage, and maintain Safety Training Matrix for all employees.
- Conduct training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Ensure employees receive all required Safety training/certifications and maintain current certification status via refresher courses; avoid gaps in certificate expiration.
- Coordinate and schedule training classes for active employees and provide advanced notification of scheduled training classes to all employees and their supervisors.
- Coordinate and schedule training classes for all new hires and communicate the schedule.
- Utilize technology and software to enhance the safety training processes and procedures.
- Arrange for 3rd party training, offered by vendors nationwide, as requested.
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session.
- Assist with employee hotel and travel arrangements for employees attending safety training.
- Distribute the Training and Safety certificates to employees.
- Maintain up-to-date training records for all employees within all software. Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house).
- Track employees and job site location to ensure real-time records are available. Communicate with field employees to track job site assignments and dispatch employees.
- Track employees on Leave of Absense and ready to 'return to work'.
- Verify and accurately record attendance for the training classes, accurately complete time cards, including per diem daily or as needed.
- Provide Blog content for all scheduled training classes.
- Create PO's for training and supplies and review vendor invoices.
- Assist with delivering reporting assignments to employees as requested by Operations
Safety Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the Safety training schedule and training priorities regularly with Safety team and upper management.
- Assist with the organization of records, forms, and training schedules.
- Assist with employee hotel and travel arrangements for Safety training.
- Attend the Safety and Frontline Supervisors meetings.
HR Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and assist in the resolution of employee's requests.
- Assist with the on-boarding and new hire processes, as requested.
- Assist the HR department with data entry and special assignments, as needed.
- Attend scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Perform other duties and special assignments, as assigned by Management.
- Serve as a backup for the front desk Receptionist.
- Education: BS degree in Education and/or Training or minimum 2 years' experience in HR or related field
- Experience: Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role. Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation. Three (3) years or more of administrative, data entry and customer service experience
- Bi-Lingual: Spanish Preferred
- Skills: Advanced organization skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments. Strong communication skills. Proven ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to oversee and maintain safety processes in a computer environment; proven experience in safety training through knowledge of Federal and State, safety laws and regulations.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with company employees, vendors, and customers in a manner consistent with acceptable business standards.
- Must be able to work under time and budgetary pressures; ability to apply common sense and understand how to carry out detailed written or oral instructions; must be a problem solver.
- Computer Skills: Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools, knowledge of MS Office proficiency and Internet software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short-term disability plan paid by COMANCO
- Long-term disability plan
- Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- Premium Only Plan - Section 125
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Referral Award
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
- Employee Professional Development Program and Training
Drug-free Workplace. COMANCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.