Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Design Engineer
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Tampa Traffic Team is seeing a Design Engineer to be responsible for engineering analysis and design using knowledge of general engineering principles and practices to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform traffic operational studies, traffic safety studies, and alternative studies
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Perform design computations
- Design projects (signalization, signing and pavement markings, and lighting) in accordance with client specifications and guidelines, using design software and drawing tools
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Assist in the preparation of engineering documents for advertisement and construction
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by the defined deadline and established quality
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient in discipline specific design software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from ABET accredited engineering program
- Engineer-in-training certification preferred
- Microstation and/or AutoCAD experience preferred
- SYNCHRO experience preferred
- Related experience preferred
- Experience working with local clients at the county and state level preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce