Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
at McGrath RentCorp
FL - Auburndale
Mobile Modular Management Corp.
Mobile Modular Management Corp. - Sales
# of Openings:
Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp is a diversified business to business rental company that rents and sells relocatable modular buildings, storage containers, electronic test equipment, and liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. We operate through five divisions: Mobile Modular, Mobile Modular Portable Storage, TRS-RenTelco, Adler Tanks, and Enviroplex.
McGrath RentCorp is headquartered in Livermore, CA with branch offices located throughout North America. We are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MGRC."
For more information about McGrath RentCorp and our operating units, visit www.mgrc.com .
Mobile Modular, a division of McGrath RentCorp, is a national leader in the rental of commercial modular buildings. Our products serve a wide variety of industries including education, construction, residential development, general industry, government, and transportation. The Company is well established with an excellent reputation and long track record of success. The culture is highly service oriented and has allowed successful penetration into new locations in recent years. The team is dedicated, committed, and will only accept the very best to join the ranks!
Position Summary: As a Permanent Modular Sales Representative, you will focus on business development in the modular building industry focused on permanent modular buildings. This position will be the lead on servicing existing client relationships and new client development to achieve overall growth objectives. You are responsible for developing strategies and tactics for identifying, pursuing and closing opportunities for selling modular buildings across a variety of industry segments. This position requires new business generation, attention to detail, building customer relationships and working collaboratively, across the organization. You will be working as a team with a Construction Manager that will support the project from Qualify to Contract and a Project Manager who will lead the project from Contract to Completion.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Promote Mobile Modular to owners, developers, planners, architects, engineers and any appropriate sales lead by increasing brand awareness, prospecting and engaging existing and new clients, coordinating public relations efforts, attending and participating in trade shows, participating in professional and/or industry organizations;
- Demonstrate and apply complete understanding of all aspects of Modular Construction business necessary to build confidence in clientele.
- Identify profitable marketplace opportunities.
- Monitor project announcements to generate leads.
- Build and manage long-term relationships and partnerships with key and target clients.
- Tracks projects, with consistent contact to project team members, from Qualify through Contract Award
- Attends meetings and conferences as primary point of contact to outside clients and vendors and subcontractors.
- Partner with Construction Manager to develop, prepare, coordinate and execute presentations and proposals to existing and new clients.
- Once project is contracted, work with Project Manager to ensure Client’s goals are achieved.
- Close clients to secure a contract for Mobile Modular.
- Work with the Construction and Project Managers to ensure that the Clients expectations are regularly being met and monitor Owner satisfaction.
- Engage existing clients on future opportunities.
- Identify new prospects, customers, and referral sources and develop/maintain relationships to ensure attainment of Company business goals. Support efforts to grow the base of referral sources.
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, and pricing strategies. Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and targets, and provide advice to management.
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Effective prospecting skills, prior sales experience and a strong orientation toward results.
- Pursues everything with energy and drive. Successful record of accomplishment, exceeding goals and is consistently a top performer.
- Is dedicated to exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with the customer in mind.
- Relates well to all types of people inside and outside the organization, builds rapport and effective relationships. Is a good listener and easy to approach and talk to.
- Can negotiate skillfully to win concessions without damaging relationships. Can be direct as well as diplomatic, and gains trust of others.
- Desire to become a leader in the Company, can deal comfortably with Senior Leadership.
- Spends time on what is important, zeroes in on critical items to accomplish goals. Sets objectives and evaluates results. Uses time effectively and efficiently on top priorities.
- Capacity to function autonomously and as a team member.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sales skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Internet and other customer databases
- Must be able to travel via motor vehicle or airline to various customer locations
- Call on customer, face to face, via phone and email to establish relationships and market the company
- BS/BA/BBA degree or equivalent years of sales experience
- 5 or more years of experience in sales or a sales role in the rental industry; results driven
- Prior experience with heavy customer focus or team-based environment
- Prior experience in construction or other related industries is preferred
- Modular building industry experience preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.