Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Coordinator II - Design & Construction
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Moffitt McKinley Campus, 10920 N McKinley Drive, Tampa, FL 3
Design & Construction
M-F & 40HRS
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Project Coordinator II delivers building renovation projects and New Construction of varying size and complexity. This position coordinates the removal and replacement major mechanical components, and ensures infection control coordination remains compliant. This position teams with other departments to coordinate essential utility shutdowns; including, but not limited to: medical gas, medical air, gas, water, steam and electricity.
· Reads complex blueprints and performs quality inspections of new construction, renovation and repair work
· Coordinates and development of accurate as-built information related to construction and renovation projects
· Conducts weekly safety meetings with contractors and vendors
· Monitors and coordinates AHCA and various agencies having jurisdiction inspection related to compliance, safety, and construction projects
· Coordinates, reviews for accuracy, and routes contractor pay applications, change orders and closeout documents
· Coordinates construction activities and coordinates critical utilities shutdowns
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School diploma or GED required, Associate's degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years verifiable experience in healthcare construction and renovation including monitoring construction related infection control and interim life safety measures
· Minimum of 3 years supervising and coordinating Agency for Healthcare Administration ("AHCA") inspections
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.