Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager - Design & Construction
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Magnolia Campus, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Design & Construction
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
· Responsible for the successful implementation, project support, and construction administration of capital projects.
· Work within the Division of Facilities and Support Services as a member of that team in delivering the highest level of customer service to Moffitt Cancer Center.
· Play a pivotal role in defining the scope to the end-user's project, and validating the legitimacy of end-user request.
· Support the Integrated Facility Design team which focuses on continuous improvement/lean methodologies to design improved work environments that are patient centered, safe, efficient and affordable thus informing the architectural, construction and design processes.
· Provide oversight, construction planning, and management for construction projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Ability to handle timely execution of organizational processes, programs, and projects.
· Successfully budget and complete multiple simultaneous projects while managing all project stakeholders and participants.
· Meet the needs of the organization while maintaining budget, schedule, federal, state, local, and The Joint Commission requirements.
· Leads and executes the planning and implementation of multiple projects.
· Manages and maintains the master project schedule and budget.
· Assembles and coordinates project staff and resources.
· Monitors and reports on progress of all projects to relevant stakeholders.
· Facilitates the definition and documentation of project scope, goals and deliverables.
· Develops policies, checklists, and tools to ensure that team members adhere to project management processes and procedures.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Ten (10) years' experience managing multiple projects and programs with distributed, cross-functional teams.
· Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree an Associate's degree with an additional two years' experience in construction management may be considered
· Proven familiarity with design and construction project management concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Demonstrated theoretical and practical understanding of commonly used project management methodologies (waterfall, agile, six sigma, etc.).
· Knowledge and experience in using one or more project management tools or applications.
· Current Certified Healthcare Facilities Management (CHFM) certification or a Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC)
· Master's Degree
· Experience in Plan view, E-Builder, and Microsoft Project
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.