Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Benefits Delivery
Director of Benefits Delivery
Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
We are looking for a proactive leader who will provide strategic leadership and direction in managing the delivery of Publix’s health, welfare, wellness and voluntary benefits plans and programs. This leader will be responsible for managing the research, development and implementation of strategic and benefits-critical initiatives that support and promote the benefits vision for Publix and our more than 200,000 employees in over 1,250 stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities and support locations in seven states.
- directing plan administration performed by the Group Benefits and Health & Welfare departments, as well as third party administrators and providers
- analyzing Publix’s benefits structure, administrative processes, computer system infrastructure, legal compliance, and plan financial implications
- directing the customer service function for the health, welfare, wellness and voluntary benefits plans and programs, as well as the retirement and stock purchase plans
- collaborating with leadership on strategic and benefits-critical initiatives, legislative and regulatory reviews and interpretations, and lobbying on benefits-related matters.
Hours of Work
Minimun 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay
Minimum Base Pay
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
3300 Publix Corporate Parkway
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus
143,550 - 215,700
Other Compensation Information
This position is eligible for an Incentive Bonus, which is determined based on the Company’s results compared to its sales and profit goals for the fiscal year. The Company's incentive bonus plan is based on a target bonus equal to two months’ pay, but the bonus varies from year to year based on the Company’s results. Therefore, the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus listed above is estimated using a target bonus equal to two months’ pay, but the amount may be more or less than the target based on the Company's actual results. New participants transition into the incentive bonus over a 12-month period.
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field or equivalent (10 years of progressive responsibility in the benefits field with seven (7) years managing others)
- eight (8) or more years of progressive responsibility in the benefits field with five (5) years managing others
- knowledge of various laws and regulations that affect the administration of benefit plans
- knowledge of financial, project management and continuous quality improvement principles
- ability to interpret and apply legal and plan documents, regulations and government legislation
- negotiation skills
- strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- strong interpersonal skills
- technical and research skills
- ability to demonstrate creativity
- organizational and time management skills
- ability to multi-task
- ability to demonstrate a high level of maturity and tact
- proficient in using Microsoft Office
- proficient with databases and spreadsheets
- willingness to be flexible and occasionally travel overnight as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration
- ten (10) or more years of progressive responsibility working with self-insured health plans and welfare and voluntary benefit plans administration and design for a company similar in size to Publix or the retail industry, with five (5) years managing others
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification or Group Benefits Associate (GBA)
- knowledge of mainframe systems, QMF query writing capabilities (SQL), and SAP HR (including AdHoc query writing)
- knowledge of systems used by third party administrators and providers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield and OptumRx
- advanced knowledge of Visio
- strong analytical abilities, including the ability to evaluate complex ideas and solutions
- strong financial analysis skills
? Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
? An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
? 401(k) retirement savings plan
? Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
? Group dental plan
? Group vision plan
? Sick pay
? Long-term disability insurance
? Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
? Tuition reimbursement
? Vacation pay
? Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
? Paycheck direct deposit
? Credit union
? Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
? 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).