Qurate Retail Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Qurate Retail Group
Writer Producer is responsible for creating compelling content for use on HSN’s multiple platforms: TV, Over The Top (OTT), social media, web, mobile and corporate.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
General production management tasks applicable across all platforms:
- Manage all aspects of video production- including but not limited to- determining goals/ messaging, researching, storyboarding, scripting, pitching, obtaining approvals, legal clearances, booking talent, location scouting, locating existing assets, negotiating budgets, working with stylists, leading crews, directing talent, planning schedules, logging material, planning edits, organizing post production, briefing GFX teams, seeking sign-off and taking/ acting upon notes/ feedback
- Build relationships with other teams within HSN and Qurate, and with external vendors and suppliers, manage and lead AP or other staff as needed
- Must be able to constantly evolve and adapt as business & distribution platform needs change
- Maintain HSN brand voice/ style
- Create video support for TV output: generate focused content to assist in driving sales during live show presentations
- Social Media content: can be anything from overseeing GFX-based deliverables for paid Facebook promotions through to longer-form YouTube series or Facebook live events
- Provide support for HSN e-commerce platforms including web/ mobile web/ app/ email: help generate video content which works at different stages of purchase ‘funnel’- from sales-driven short-form content through to post-purchase informative video
- OTT content: developing sustainable volume content which works in the OTT environment
- TV Promo Production: create innovative and customer-focused promo spots that persuade viewers to watch & shop specific brands/ events or deliver on other marketing needs
- ‘Cross-channel’ content for other partner channels designed to appeal to new customers
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter & idea generator who can pitch, create & own original projects yet also deliver to specific briefs- all on time and on budget- and above all, designed to appeal to current and convert potential customers.
- Hands-on writing and directing experience is vital- Writer Producers must be expert at conversational scripts and masters at condensing copy to be clear, concise and compelling.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage their own schedule, frequently overseeing multiple jobs at various stages of production.
- Must be a good communicator and able to offer clear vision for projects and collaborate with requesters to help identify and define their needs- and take their notes where necessary.
- Position requires adaptability- knowing what works for multiple platforms- and that content for a campaign on Instagram will look different from that made for YouTube.
- Editing background - familiarity with Adobe Suite: especially Premiere & After Effects.
- Must be confident shooting & lighting.
- Should also be comfortable producing compelling content from desk- using HSN/ vendor/ stock video/stills & GFX where appropriate to create engaging material from existing assets.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
- Familiarity with using Adobe Suite: especially Premiere & After Effects.
- Experience producing video consumer-facing content for commercial clients
- Highly creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed to meet deadlines; including nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Demo Reel - showcasing work that candidate has shot, edited and scripted.
Nice to haves
- Direct to consumer marketing
- Short-form video with specific marketing/ sales goals/ metrics
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
At Qurate Retail Group you’ll discover a whole world of difference!
You’ll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other. When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries who help millions of customers around the world discover curated collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the occasion, discover what’s next and ignite the industry. We are creating the third way to shop.