Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Skilled Trades Worker - HVAC Technician
at Sarasota County
Skilled Trades Worker (Working Title: HVAC Technician)
Performs complex work with Building Automation Systems. Tests and calibrates various sensors including but not limited to: temperature, humidity, and CO2 sensors on all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and equipment throughout the county. General duties include inspection, testing, cleaning and minor repair and/or adjustment of all types of HVAC equipment. Assist HVAC Skilled Trades Worker II with skilled labor functions in support of all maintenance services when called upon.
- Join a dedicated high-performing team of County professionals!
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- Award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service.
- Click Here to View Our Benefits Guide
****The successful candidate will be subject to an extensive background check(s) as a part of the hiring process.
- Test and Calibrate sensors with certified calibration tools. Use software tools from the BAS to modify/adjust analog and binary points. Clean and Inspect sensor housing and remove any debris impacting such. Review and test after inspection for proper air and water flow operations. Identify, evaluate and make recommendations related to equipment condition in order to prevent and/or minimize equipment failures and down time.
- Assist others or may lead other HVAC Skilled Trades Worker II with maintenance repairs as required.
- Directs and works in conjunction with contracted service providers for related HVAC systems.
- Maintains accurate records and keeps inventory. Orders materials as needed. Maintains clean work environment including mechanical rooms. Completes maintenance records and maintenance logs via Maximo or other designated process or software programs.
- Edits and maintains for accuracy set points, enters new scheduled set points.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent and three (3) years of experience in HVAC trade. Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License at time of hire.
**Work Hours: Wednesday - Saturday; 4 day work schedule with 3 consecutive days off each week; 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Participates in on-call rotation.)
Preferred Qualifications: Formal classroom training pertaining to HVAC systems; Four (4) years experience working with programming and troubleshooting BAS – preferably Johnson Controls & Trane; Valid Universal EPA card.
Job Competencies: Air conditioning theory, pipe fitting & mechanical layouts. Roof top air handlers with chilled water coils & direct expansion or mechanical cooling, Mini split cooling systems, mini split heat pumps, Chilled water & hot water coils with DDC & pneumatic actuators, pneumatic & DDC operated variable air volume boxes, pneumatic operating mixing boxes & pneumatic air stations & thermostats; Chilled/ hot domestic water pumps & motors; HVAC systems up to 480V. Function independently with minimal direct supervision; understand/follow oral & written instructions; enforce highest standards on work performed; Maintain security & accountability on access of equipment and facilities; Comply with all applicable health & safety regulations, policies & established work practices, including lock out tag out practices. Able to use a computer with Microsoft Office applications & Work Order Management System.
Physical Demands: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application .
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA