Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP - Marketing, HSN
The VP, Client Marketing will lead the marketing organization for a new Synchrony Retail Credit relationship within the Diversified Client Group. This role will be responsible for launching the HSN retail card relationship by developing and implementing new marketing strategies and tactics to achieve Synchrony growth metrics as well as critical client requirements. This individual will work collaboratively with both the Marketing Leader, General Manager and partner organizations to drive incremental card usage.
- Partner with business and client team to lead, develop, implement, and monitor dynamic annual growth plans.
- Establish and develop key relationships at senior levels of partner organization.
- Understand and incorporate the client's key business objectives, strategic vision, and marketing calendar into the planning process to achieve set objectives.
- Optimize contractual marketing spend and pursue additional funds to meet growth goals.
- Identify portfolio segments to target for partner and business gain; test and implement programs to grow these segments.
- Manage all aspects of the value proposition, including tracking industry trends, competitor's and customer experience metrics. Ensure program profitability and penetration through continued enhancements.
- Drive program to effectively work in an omni-channel environment. Ensure digital assets are in place and optimized. Push for cutting edge thinking and agenda.
- Monitor & manage performance of all key credit and marketing metrics vs. plan. Assist in the development of the Synchrony Financial planning cycle.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/GED and 12 years of marketing experience
- A minimum of 8 years of marketing experience, preferably in the retail industry, credit card or financial services, to include (can be concurrent):
- 3 years of growth marketing leadership with exposure to consumer-facing programs and products
- 3 years of experience with digital channels - online and mobile
- 3 years of experience in co-brand or general purpose credit card product management or retail industry marketing
- Ability to travel as needed (~20%)
- Prior experience in the retail industry
- Experience developing and delivering financial services products via digital channels
- Collaborative style and approach with comfort working in a matrixed, decentralized structure.
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results.
- Consumer finance experience and related industry experience. Familiarity with value proposition and/or new product development processes, from concept innovation through go-to-market execution.
- Direct marketing experience with both acquisition and loyalty/lifecycle channels.
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
*** Potential candidate will site onsite with client at their St. Petersburg location (near Tampa, FL). ***
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.