The Beck Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager
at The Beck Group
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
We're The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest within our industry, and that's why we are seeking experienced Project Managers like you to help transform the industry and continue building Beck's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a qualified Project Manager to join an extraordinary project team in Tampa. While this is an individual role, you will be involved in many facets of construction with the ability to evolve our existing operations. As the Project Manager, you are primarily responsible for project financials, schedule, risk management, quality, and client relationships and needs. You also supervise the work and development of the project team to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc. in order to accomplish the best economical, safe, and expeditious execution of the work. You will be designated the lead Project Manager over projects ranging from $10 million to $50 million in scope or over large scopes of work on a larger project.
The position involves the following essential functions:
- Lead the preconstruction efforts including: assembling bid packages, directing pre-bid meetings, detailed analysis of bids, award, and contract administration
- Identify and lead cost savings efforts through value engineering and/or assembly of accurate general conditions estimates
- Ensure that construction, subcontracts, and purchase orders are in accordance with the Contract Documents
- Understand what constitutes a breach of contract and the steps involved to enforce
- Capture and document value added to the project/owner
- Establish relationships with Subcontractors, Vendors, Developers, and outside consultants to market Beck
Who we think will be a great fit
A person with the willingness and passion to lead and develop their teams while also having the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with all team members and supervise all aspects of building construction. You also possess excellent time management skills, uncompromising authenticity and integrity, a passion to get things done, and confidence to present and win project pursuits. An ideal candidate will have an understanding of the design process as well as an interest in the integrated project delivery method and in innovation of process improvement and technology.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 8-10 years of relevant commercial construction experience
- Has completed one or more projects as Project Leader in charge of outcome (financial, completion, schedule)
- Has been a part of a larger project team supporting the team leader on project management duties and responsibilities
- Understands the successful pre-project planning effects on the delivery of a project
- College graduate with relevant degree
- Experience using Excel, Synchro, Procore, Bluebeam, Egnyte, CMiC, and Revit or comparable construction technologies is a plus
Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; occasionally ascends/descends ladders and stairs; frequently works in outdoor weather conditions; occasionally moves equipment up to 50Ibs to various locations on site; constantly communicates with owners, subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; constantly moving around job site; ability to adhere to consistent and timely attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.