Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
The Fleet Manager is responsible for carrying out a wide variety of tasks related to planning, managing, supervising, and coordinating the fleet management related activities.
- Create departmental and fleet expense and capital budgets, to submit for approval to management. Track performance versus forecast on a monthly (or other) basis.
- Analyze and determine what vehicles to purchase/lease, and how they are to be equipped.
- Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and other procedures.
- Determine what fleet processes should be outsourced, to which suppliers they should be awarded, and to act as primary contact with all suppliers. Track supplier performance, and train drivers in using the programs.
- Manage or perform regular lease vs. purchase analysis in concert with corporate finance/treasury departments.
- Prepare analyses to determine optimum timing for vehicle retirements and replacements and make recommendations.
- Partner with Safety Director to encourage safe driver habits, analyze driving habits utilizing Geotab software and reporting, develop and provide safe driving techniques webinars or videos.
- Maintain statistical reports, files and relevant records related to maintenance, repairs, gas cards, gas usage, GPS devices, mileage, registration, accident reporting, etc.
- Prepare analyses to ensure appropriateness of gas card usage and work with Operations Management to understand unusual variances each month
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new and renew old ones to ensure no lapse in registration.
- Oversee personal use vehicle reimbursement program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of increasingly responsible fleet experience in an administrative capacity
- Minimum 2 years of management or supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Science, or Technical field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Intermediate to Advanced in Excel
- An understanding of finance and accounting, as it pertains to the acquisition (purchase or lease) of vehicles.
- Ability to conduct or co-lead a lease versus buy analysis and RFP.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in creating and establishing fleet policies and procedures, from vehicle assignment to replacement cycling, from personal use to accident reporting. May need to edit or update existing policy, or create new.
Valet Living, LLC is an industry leader - ahead of the national trend and the founder of five nights a week doorstep trash and recycling collection.
Valet Living is a drug-free employer. All offers of employment will be contingent on successful background Check. Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Tampa Bay Times Top Workplace, Valet Living has been setting the standard for doorstep collection and recycling since 1995. Servicing over a million apartment homes across 38 states, Valet Living has grown to become not just the only national provider of doorstep collection and recycling services, but also the only nationally-recognized full service amenities provider to the multifamily industry. In addition to doorstep collection, Valet Living’s turns, maintenance and pet station solutions make life easier for both property managers and residents, while improving property values. With the launch of its resident-facing amenity services mobile app, Valet Living Home, Valet Living is now the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.