Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Services), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (Walgreens). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
Job Duties Include:
The Registered Dietitian is an experienced, nutrition support clinician, responsible for leading a multidisciplinary home nutrition support team. . The Dietitian supports all clinical requirements including patient assessments, providing recommendations, monitoring of home parenteral and enteral nutrition patients, home assessments/instruction and education of staff. Additionally, the Dietitian interacts with the sales team in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote the home nutrition support program. The Registered Dietitian supports a single facility.
Leader of the multidisciplinary nutrition support team to provide safe, comprehensive nutrition support services to home parenteral and enteral nutrition support patients. Performs comprehensive nutrition assessments, develops and implements nutrition care plans and provides nutrition education and guidance to patients, caregivers and clinical staff. Maintains a cohesive relationship with all clinical staff, as well as reimbursement and support staff, to maximize the effectiveness of the office's home nutrition support program. Works closely with clinical managers (Pharmacist and Nurse) to ensure nutrition support competence, compliance with policy and cost effectiveness. Identifies areas for operational or clinical improvement. Involved in new employee orientation, on-going continuing education and training of nutrition support clinicians and office staff.
Responsible for coordinating with management in the development and oversight of the nutrition program business plan, supporting sales activities and maintaining account relationships. Works closely with office and regional sales managers to ensure appropriate market penetration of the nutrition program. Provides sales support through joint sales calls, presentations to key accounts, involvement in strategic sales planning and acts as a clinical/sales liaison to nutrition support physicians, nutrition support teams, customers and internal staff.
- Registration with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and license / certification in the state of residence, as appropriate with at least 1 year work experience with enteral and parenteral nutrition support, (not including internship).
- Current CPR training required upon 60-90 days of hiring.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients and travel between offices as needed. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience in identifying issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel locally at least 25% of the time for business purposes.
- Advanced degree in nutrition or business.
- Board certification in nutrition support.
- Previous Home Infusion experience.
- Previous sales and marketing experience.